Friday, July 8, 2011

I Finally Finished The ORB Quilt!

Y'know, I can't even remember what year it was that Old Red Barn Co hosted a quilt along where the prize was a Janome 6600. Let me look....Ah, yes. It was 2009. And here it is 2011 and I have finally finished quilting and binding the quilt top! Here is my only photo of it:
ORB Quilt finished
I used an extra loft 80/20 batting and quilted it with a criss-cross pattern. It turned out really nice and the extra loft batting made it perfect for snuggling up in. I hope whoever wins this quilt loves it.
Quilt Label for ORB Quilt
A man I know at work participates in the yearly Ride For AIDS so I donated this quilt to his team so they could auction it off. I hope it raises a lot of money! Ride For AIDS is a two-day, 200 mile bike ride. You can read about the organization here. The ride is this weekend (July 8 & 9) and if you want to donate money, it isn't too late.

I wish I had taken more photos of the quilt, but it's huge and was difficult to photograph indoors. I need to set something up outside so I can easily take photos of large quilts. I see a lot of you use a clothesline outside. Perhaps that's what I'll do because my kids aren't tall enough yet to hold up a large quilt. And they're much too goofy. Knowing my kids, they'd roll themselves up like a tamale in the quilt before I can snap a photo. :)

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin